1. Upload Your Files
You can be assured that your files are safely uploaded over an encrypted connection. They will be permanently deleted after processing.
- To upload your files from your computer, click “Upload PDF File” and select the files you want to edit or drag and drop the files to the page.
- To upload files from Dropbox, Google Drive or from a website where your files are located, expand the “Upload PDF File” dropdown list and select your files.
2. Re-arrange Your Files
- Re-order or re-arrange your files by just simply dragging and dropping the pages. You can also sort the file names alphabetically ‘A-Z’ or ‘Z-A’ by clicking on the “sort” buttons located at the right side of the page.
3. Select More Options
- If you don’t need to do any modifications on the documents, you can directly click on the “Merge PDF Files” button to merge files. However, if you want to do more, there are options available to customize your PDF before merging.
a. Double-Sided Printing
- If your files have even number of pages, it would ruin the double-sided printing setup. To fix this, you need to insert a blank page at the end (as the last page). Then, select “Double Sided Printing” option.
- If you don’t want to merge all files, select the “Include only specific page ranges” option and specify which pages you want per file. Otherwise, just leave it blank.
b. Bookmarks or Outline
You will also have an option to customize how the PDF document will be outlined. You can choose from:
- Keep all
- Discard all
- One entry each document
- Keep all, under one entry each document
c. Table of Contents
- Table of Contents makes it easier to navigate the document, especially with clickable links so you may want to add this as your starting page.
- You can choose to use File Names or Document Titles. Otherwise, you can choose “None”.
d. Add File Names to Page Footer
- Select and tick the box for the “Add filename to page footer” if you would like each page to have the original filename in the footer.
e. Form Fields
- If your PDF files contain form fields and want them to be visible but not editable, then select the “Flatten” option under the Form Fields category.
- If most of your files have form fields, you may want to consider merging or discarding them completely. Or, you can also merge and rename them to avoid duplicates.
4. Download the Document
- After making sure everything is set according to your preferences, click on the “Merge PDF Files” button and Download the document once the process is complete.